Friday, November 25, 2011

Birthday and Brick Friday Loot

Happy Brick Friday everyone!  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  I got some wonderful birthday gifts, #4437 Police Pursuit and #3661 Bank & Money Transfer.  


After eating some turkey and getting the kids down, I waiting in line at the Tigard, OR LEGO Store for 40 minutes.  I had two targets, the new Police Heavy Lift Helicopter and the recently marked down Emerald Night.  It went great once I got into the store, I grabbed both sets and was first in line to check out.  On my pull tab, I got a 20% discount!  With the $15 of VIP point redemption, it only cost $85 for an Emerald Night and Heavy Lift Helicopter.


With the purchases I also got the #2 Christmas Set and a PAB box for free.  I have the Winter Post Office coming in the mail tomorrow along with some Duplo sets for my sons and their friend's birthday.  I will have a #2 Christmas Set coming with that one as well.


Loot from Brick Friday and my Birthday :)


Overall it was a great experience.  Now I am trying to map out what to get now or wait till the Boxing Day sales with the discontinued sets.


I'd love to hear other people's experiences!


Kyle

3 comments:

  1. Will you be posting reviews and pics of these sets once they are constructed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @HardtravelingHero I plan on doing that once they are all constructed. Currently the Bank & Money Transfer is in the process of being modified into a 1 store 16x32 modular. The Emerald Night is still boxed up. The two police sets were a kick to build I will be posting pictures later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I'm interested in seeing how you modify the bank.

    ReplyDelete